The offline data viewer can be used to access data when the internet connection is unavailable. This is where an Internet outage is known in advance. For example:
- A hurricane, earthquake or tornado warning is issued
- The Internet provider issues an advance Internet Outage notice
- You decide to manually backup your data locally on a regular basis
Please note the offline data viewer requires a manual backup to a local computer in order to view the data off-line (this is not an automatic backup procedure to access the offline data viewer).
To download data locally:
Ciirus > Management Company > Copy Data Locally
If an Internet connection is unavailable, you can also attempt to connect Ciirus to access live data, by using a cell phone as a hotspot.
Limitations of the offline data viewer:
Data is read only, data cannot be saved to the offline data viewer
- Owner details
- Property details
- Work orders
If Internet is unavailable, the following are Not affected:
- Websites and booking engines are live
- Owners with internet connection can access the owner portals
- Guest portals are active
- Notifications and Scheduled CRM emails are sent as normal
- Home automation active (if the home has network access)
- Housekeeping and maintenance can access the portal (if they have internet access)
- Staff that have Internet access from other locations, can fully access the system as normal
Please note: The above does not affect the live online (live) data backups, live data is automatically backed up to the backup servers as normal.